What We Buy at Johnstown Scrap:
At Johnstown Scrap, we strive to keep our customers informed. There are many different kinds of materials that are considered “Scrap.” Below is a list of the items that we do not buy, for your convenience. This is in no way a complete list, as that list would be miles long. If you have any questions regarding what we do or do not buy, contact our buyer below.
If you would like to view our current prices, check out our Johnstown Scrap Metal price sheet:
For Ferrous Material Pricing, click here.
For Non-Ferrous Material Pricing, click here.
Items We Can NOT Accept:
- Hazardous Waste
- Propane Tanks
- Live Ammunition
- Radioactive Material
- PCB Material
- Tar Pots
- Combustible Materials
- Trash or Excessive Glass
- Loose Tires
- Liquid Filled Transformers
- Steel Cable
- Leaded Glass
- Shopping Carts
We can NOT accept the following:
- Any Item of Which the Majority of Weight is Constituted of Glass, Plastic, or Non-Metals.
- 55 gallon drums must be open and clean
- Larger tanks must be drained and dry with a 15” square cut open for inspection
- Gas or Diesel tanks must be removed or split open and completely dry
Items We Can NOT Accept From Non-Government Entities:
The items listed below cannot be accepted from Non-Governmental Entities, public utility companies or contractors without proper written authorization. Written authorization must be on company/agency letterhead, indicating that the material is being released for recycling purposes.
- Brass or Bronze Cemetery Ornaments
- Beer Kegs
- Aluminum Bleachers
- Street Signs
- Light Poles
- Manhole Covers
- Aluminum Scaffolding
- Tree Grates
- Railroad Material
- Cement Forms
- Traffic Signals
- Guard Rail